Herring Hall is proud to join the ranks as a PACT partner! Don’t know PACT? It’s a pledge area businesses are taking to Protect All Citizens and Travelers in Lexington, Buena Vista, and Rockbridge County. In other words, we’re dedicated to providing you, our guest, with consistent, dependable, and sustained levels of safety and service. We thank you for abiding by all laws/policies/recommendations from the CDC, State of Virginia as well as Rockbridge County and the lodging industry.
- As was tradition 200 years ago, all of our guest rooms are located on the second story. Sorry, we have no elevator.
- Smoking is permitted outside the Inn only.
- We must advise guests that the lavatory in the General Room bath is located rather close to the side wall, due to plumbing restrictions, and is therefore not recommended for above average size folks.
- Herring Hall is most appropriate for adults, although responsible children age 12 and over are welcome as guests.
- Herring Hall is proud to be in the neighborhood of the Natural Bridge Speedway and Dragstrip. The racetrack has been a Rockbridge County cultural icon since 1954. While you can’t see the track from Herring Hall, their events are held on Friday and Saturday nights. They are usually over by 11:00 pm, so most folks don’t find it offensive. Lots of our guests like to pay them a visit! If you are a race fan, we highly recommend you check it out!
- A full southern style breakfast including our signature mimosa, along with snacks and signature welcome adult beverage may be included in your stay. Please select the appropriate option when booking your reservation.
- Rates do not include tax.
- Check in is from 4:00 – 5:00 PM
- Check out by 11:00 AM
- Earlier and later times are available with advance request and confirmation by innkeeper
- A deposit of one night or 50% (whichever is greater) is required to guarantee your reservation. This can be paid with a credit card or check.
- Balance due upon arrival.
- The Inn accepts VISA, MasterCard,Discover, AMEX, or cash.
- Reservations made within the cancellation period will be billed at time of reservation.
- All cancellations must be made by calling the Innkeeper at 540-460-3365.
- Email cancellations will not be accepted.
- A $35.00 processing fee is charged on all cancellations.
- You have up to 14 days prior to arrival to cancel unless it is during one of our local peak weekends (graduation and other big college weekends, fall foliage, etc.) then you have 30 days please.
- Full refund for cancellations if made within 14 days of arrival minus a $35 fee, if we are able to rebook the room.